When I was around 26 my hair started falling out and I became extremely sluggish as well as had some serious weight gain. I went to an Osteopathic doctor and she said I had hypothyroidism. It is a genetic disease so I just had to take armor or synthroid for the rest of my life and everything would be fine.
I couldn’t sleep knowing that at age 26 I would have to be a victim of the medical industry as I watched all the people around me in my family pop pills and just getting worse. I was worried as I know hypothyroidism ran in my family but As a believer in plant medicine and that food is medicine, I just wasn’t settled. I started researching the internet and I found some seriously scary articles about the food additive potassium bromide. It is used in flour to oxidize the bread faster so the USA’s hungry citizens can get more bread and packaged items in the shelves. What was scary was potassium bromide is banned in China and Europe but the USA allows it. It is known to be a carcinogen as well as some research has said it blocks T3 and T4 and shuts the thyroid down. Hence it is why I think about 1 out of every 4 people I know is on thyroid medication!
I decided to give it a go and strip my diet of gluten. I gave my body 4 months to clean out and I went back for a test. Within a month my hair started growing back and I felt my mind was so much more clear! I noticed after taking the allergen out when I would cheat and eat gluten I would get really bloated and even sometimes sick. Fast forward almost ten years my thyroid is completely fine. I started studying Ayurveda at 24 but this experiment really set me on my path of clean eating & living .
I am extremely conscious about what goes on and in my temple as you should be too! Iu
Love ❤️ & light 🌞
Nature is the best medicine and we can find pretty much everything we need from the earth. Easier said than done when we consider how long our vegetables in American sit on the shelves before we consume them. Are the nutrients in our food still alive by the time they get to our dinner table ? Or consider the sprays and preservatives that go on our foods to keep them looking fresh even though they are dead. Can our guts break down those chemicals and digest our food properly for nutrient absorption? Who really knows ? Now we are flooded with meal prepping companies in the US that ship vegetables that have been sitting for a few weeks... then chopped.. then sitting in a package for another few days. I know because I am a part owner of a meal prepping company (plantedeats.com) and I struggle with ways to get people the freshest food possible. We go to local farms on Sunday & get everyone fresh on Monday & Wednesday. I have been approached by investors to take make my meal prep company bigger, but I am an environmental freak and I really don’t want to create more waste with packaging and give people old food . No thanks I’ll stay small and locally serve the population !
Here are some suggestions to get the most out of your nutrition to achieve optimal health. I am not a doctor (one day maybe soon) but I have helped myself through hypothyroidism, lymes disease, & autoimmune all with changing my diet & lifestyle. So take it or leave it!
1. Buy local
2. Make sure your getting all organic ( as much as you can and your better off not eating certain foods if they aren’t organic). I will blog about which foods are the most important to get organic soon!
3. If you live in America, beware of GMO! They will destroy your gut and you will not believe how much they can affect your weight and overal health.
4. Soak & clean your vegetables with water and vinegar wash or I use my amazing Kangen water machine that makes degreasing water for veggies !
5. Cook food fresh daily & only reheat once.
6. NO MICROWAVES EVER (invest in an instapot they are amazing).
7 . Drink alkaline water maximum no later than 30 min before you eat and do not drink water for 2 hours after you eat.
8. Chew slowly and only eat with people who make you happy :)
9. Listen to good music with you eat and enjoy. Breath between bites and take note of how you feel before during and after you eat.
10. Invest in a whole food plant based (NOT SYNTHETIC) supplement if you know your diet or lifestyle is not well rounded. Reach out to me for suggestions !
love ❤️ & light 🌞
The knowledge I share comes from a deeper place and lot of reading, research from credible sources, and most importantly self study. Ayurveda is truly self study and when you listen and tune in to yourself and how you feel before, during, & after experiences, you connect and learn.